Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, March 05, 2003

My future seems so uncertain. What specifically will I be doing with my life? What can someone with cybernetics and applied math degree do with it? I figure it'd be anything, since they're so broad and based in vital logic skills. But who really knows? That's one major reason I'm not graduating this year. Haven't "found myself" yet. Have planned to spend summer looking up graduate programs and such, learn more computer programming and get more out of UCLA than just academics.

I have a feeling though that I will become a career UCLA person. Undergraduate, graduate, postdoc, and professor...and ultimately professor emeritus. Is it because I'm scared of adjusting to new environments or does UCLA offer me more than any other school? It's a lucky thing I chose UCLA in the first place for undergraduate studies. I had applied for every other school with a definite major, whereas I spent three years at UCLA undeclared. It just shows you can't plan everything, because you're always lacking in the complete information of what will happen in your life. Plan some stuff, but live life as it goes along. There are wonderful surprises up ahead that you never expected. For certain, I wouldn't have believed that I would ultimately major in math in college, let alone stay there for 5 years. Now it makes so much sense to me. Live and learn. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home