Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, February 29, 2004

It's so weird for me now.... a well-known prof at Berkeley Stats called and left me a message on my answering machine! But...I'm like nobody!

Anyways, I have no idea when he called, cuz I didn't set time on my machine and I didn't even notice it blinking until this morning. I called him back at 3:30pm, he was so nice, he offered to call me back so I didn't have to pay.

So I knew that the stats dept nominated me for a "diversity" fellowship, but I didn't even expect anything from that, I had hurridly written a short essay for the financial aid application about how I was first to go to college and even contemplate grad school and blah blah stuff. Apparently Berkeley Stats and Berkeley Graduate Division both thought it was a good enough story to award me the fellowship! Free money! Yeah baby!! =) Plus I can still work as a TA and earn more money. I won't be that starving, thin and grubby grad student if I go to Berkeley! Man...Berkeley is looking better and better now. It's the no. 1 stats dept in the country and has so many famous statisticians there.

Well... we'll see where things will lead. I'll gonna be on my first plane trip this Thursday to UCSF! =) hehehe....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home