Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I really wish I had interesting stuff to blog about. But I don't, what else in the life of a grad student? Everyone asks me what I do. Well, I do homework. I don't do much else, and I don't do anyone either.

So here's a list of ten mundane tidbits from my life (be warned that you will get bored and then complain that I wasted your time):

1. I make makeshift pizza at home from wheat french bread, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. Good stuff.

2. My desk in my office was covered in pollen today. Seriously yellow.

3. I just burned my hair tonight. I haven't done that in awhile. I used to do that every night, right Tam Tams?

4. I went to office hours today. I feel bad for not uttering a single word. This will be bad when it comes time for the department to consider whether I can stay or not.

5. I have a tendency to not remember what I've said to people, thus I tend to repeat stories or forget to tell stuff entirely.

6. My right hand hurts nowadays. Oye, I am too dependent on my computer.

7. All the photos that I had posted up next to my bed to remember you guys by fell down the day I put them up. I refuse to use tacks, otherwise I will be a pin cushion when I wake up. And I forgot to buy adhesive at Target. So... oh wells, I guess I will be forgetting your faces soon.

8. I want a hug. No, not from random people. "All I really want is someone to hold me and tell me everything is going to be alright." ~ The Wedding Singer
And I really can't imagine who, I guess I won't know until it happens.

9. I'm getting a crown on Friday. It's gonna cost a fortune. I'm such a poor grad student! Sigh... Someone please tell me why I am doing this. Low pay, long hours for the next 5 years? Intellectual stimulation? It'll make me stronger? Maybe it's just another rat's maze...

10. Anyhoo, I'm a grad student!!! Ain't that swell? Is that supposed to make me look smarter than I really am? Because even though I know compared to the rest of the world, I ain't that dumb, well sometimes, but here it's like Frances is DUMB! dumb, dumb, and dumber...

11. I also have selective vision. Although that sounds cool, it really isn't. Apparently even though I have been using my kitchen sink for the past 8 weeks, I never noticed that there was a spray thingy sitting all pretty in front of me when I use the sink. I didn't see it until my roommate used it when I was there!! Crappy crapperson! How blind was I? Or excuse, how blind am I? I bet there are tons of other things that are right in front of me and I never see it!!! (Perhaps there is a crowd of cute, smart guys following me to campus everyday that I've never noticed behind me....) =)


Heck! Oye, I didn't even notice I went to 11. Oh wells, that's me, I'm "special".

1 Comments:

Blogger abe, GMI fund manager said...

I hope you are pulling the hair out before burning rather than try to go about it whole head...

Nothing to blog about? discover berkeley bowl!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home