Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, April 11, 2005



I visited the Scharffenberger chocolate factory on Saturday. It's actually quite close (less than 5 miles from my apartment) but I didn't know about its existence until Nicolas had told me about it. I got a tour and everything, but el chocolate es muy expensivo!!! I got a sampler bag of different kinds of chocolate and a huge bar of 99% dark chocolate. This 99% is about as DARK as you can get it. It only contains trace amounts of sugar. I got it because I've never seen such a high level sold before in stores, so I bought it figuring that I'd have to use it in baking or melt it and add sugar to it. But apparently not!! I'm so good, I can totally eat it on its own. It's bitter but I really like it. This is the healthy stuff that everyone tells you to eat dark chocolate but most kinds of dark chocolate out there still contains way too much sugar. This 9.7 oz bar set me back $11 so I don't think I can be eating this regularly. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home