Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I'm finally 24!!! Sooo old!!

Thank you so much to all of you who remembered! I'm really surprised so many people did! Thaaaaanks! =)

What did I do today?

I seriously was about to do laundry on my birthday, but good thing Jasmine called before I found an available machine. Anyhoo, I went to the mall with her and followed her around while she found stuff to wear for law interviews. She treated me to lunch/dinner (french toast, eggs, bacon! hahha). Then Trinh and her boyfriend Keiji took me to go salsa dancing!! We were in a class for 2 hours and then it was dancing for the rest of the night. My feet HURT! I can't imagine how those women keep at it in such high heels all night. People there are extremely good and they have so much fun with their moves. I sort of only remembered a little bit when I took ballroom dancing at UCLA and I really suck at following the teacher, she moved too fast. Anyways, I danced a lot, but mostly basic moves, some guys who danced with me later that night taught me some new moves, but I think I frustrated one very experienced guy. But yeah, it was a nice experience...

Another interesting thing! I got a text message this afternoon that said "happy birthday frances!" but no name of sender! And I couldn't recognized the 310 number... So I called back and I couldn't recognize the voice and it was hard to hear cuz I was in Jasmine's car, so I just kept chatting hoping I'd recognize who it was. But then she asked me what I was doing, and I said I started teaching this year, and she said "At UCLA?" And I said "No, Berkeley" and she was surprised; she had no idea I was at Berkeley now. So that got me really confused, who doesn't know I've been at Berkeley for over a year now?? That forced me to stop and ask "Sorry! But who is this??" And it was Roya!!!! I can't believe it! I haven't talked to her in so long and she remembered my birthday! Yeah, but it was weird that we haven't kept in touch so long that she had no idea where I was or what I was studying at all, though she remembered something about a math professor! What the heck? Anyhoo, I corrected her and said stats. Hehe...

So anyhoo, THANK YOU to (in no particular order *edit: actually, it's not very random, after awhile, I'm just adding people in chronological order... so now you know who remembered the latest and who forgot! ahhahahah!*):
Calvin, parents, Florence, Tammy, Eugenia, Justin, Trinh, Keiji, Jamie, Brad, Mary, Roya, Roy, Jeff, Julius, Sussi, Angela, Lien, Jasmine, Kristen, Irma, Kathy, Maureen, Ronny, Wilson, Abe, Richard, Lindsay, Dave, Robert, Pat, Linda, Cynthie, Yat