Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Maze and Dinner in Fremont
Pictures!!

Last night a group of us stats nerds went down to Fremont to have some fun getting lost at night in a cornfield maze (
http://www.cornfieldmaze.com/sites.php?ID=&username=cafremont) I've never tried such a thing before and now that I've done it, that's probably enough for this lifetime.

David, Richard and Trinh drove 12 of us: Alan, Daisy, Dave, David, Erick, Irma, Ivan, Jing, Moorea, Richard, Trinh and me. We started as one group in the maze where we got lost for a bit but after we actually decided to start answering the clues, it was pretty easy to go the right direction. We lost Purdy early on, or perhaps he deliberately ditched us to go have some fun on his own. I get the feeling he had more fun than all of us. Goodness knows how many kids were freaked by the Purdymunster.

Due to some short term memory by some of us, we got scared twice by the same stupid monster because we forgot we were at the same place a few seconds ago where some guy in a mask jumped out and screamed. Other than that, it actually was not scary at all; most of the time we were say hey, what's up to the guys standing with the masks on, though there was one guy I was afraid to pass, only reason being that he was a huge guy. Whatever happened to an unsaid rule about not physically touching your customers in a maze? I dun't know, anyhow, Trinh got freaked out because she wasn't supposed to pick the corn. So when she ran into a "ghost", it started going after her to put the corn down, but she didn't understand and started to whack it with her corn. Hahaha....

Anyways, getting out didn't take that long; it was just so nice being outside with friends in the cornfield with the moon out. Dave even got to execute his plan of saying in his best black girl accent, "Oh no you didan't!! to the next monster that tried to scare him. His pic with it though is disturbing in the way they both look alike.

Dinner was at Bombay Garden. Indian buffet... where we waited a long time for a large table that we never got... where Richard broke a fancy schmancy wooden chair... where Dave and I may have drunk cleaning fluid from the ice cream machine... where I watched a lot of Indian people dancing to Pretty Woman on the small dance floor with disco ball. The food was way too spicy for my liking, and I guess I'm just not that big a fan of Indian food. Most of the dishes I couldn't tell what was inside unless I ran the labels.

But overall, I had a lot of fun. It's always nice to hang out with so many cool and interesting people. Ain't that what grad skool is for?
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger franiwack said...

I do, that scared the crap outta me, unfortunately this one wasn't scary at all, esp. with so many people and NO scary music.

1:39 PM  
Blogger ln said...

are there 2 people named trinh? neat

9:39 PM  
Blogger franiwack said...

hey ellen,

no... there's only one trinh! did i mislabel some pic?

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home