Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Frances is dead tired from the past week and is walking home from a late useless class. She waits to cross the intersection of Bancroft and Telegraph, when a few seconds later a big black man stands next to her.

BBM : Hi.
F : Hello.
BBM : You have a really pretty smile.
F : Thanks.
BBM : Tell your dad that I'm interested in you.
F : [weakly chuckles...]
BBM : Are you dating anyone right now?
F : No.
BBM : What would your parents say if you wanted to marry a black man?
F : Depends on the person, not the color.
BBM : Ah...my name is ________ (I forgot). Have a good night and god bless you.
F : Sure, same to you.


So, why do black men always ask me if my parents would object to me being with a black man? Another gay black man had previously asked me if my mom would freak if I had a black baby. So yes, I think my parents would freak out, but I would marry a black man if he happened to be what felt right. I don't have restrictions on stuff like that (i.e. race, religion, etc...). No plans, just take things as they come along... though not much is coming along nor do I really want them to. Grad school tends to trap you in one floor of one building all day long, and the only guys you meet outside of it are these weirdos on the street. Eh, all I really want right now is some schleeeep.

zzz....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home