Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, October 13, 2008

Almond vanilla ice cream


What do you do if you purposely don't buy ice cream in the supermarkets because you're trying to be healthy but then you're stressing out the day before meeting your advisor and you NEED ice cream?

Make it yourself! Yes, that's how desperate I got last Friday. One memory of fifth grade was making ice cream in a ziplock bag. So naturally I had to google it and woila, so simple! Since I was back in Berkeley, I had more resources and luckily I actually had everything I needed: cream, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, ice, and salt. And to even one-up the recipe, I added almond extract. So I ended up with such a good almond vanilla ice cream in only 15-20 minutes! Yuuuuuum!

I have wonderful beginner's luck at making things, and so of course it turned out perfect! (Not so great the second time, I ended up drinking it. =) )
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger bradluen said...

teh blog! it's alive!

1:14 PM  
Blogger franiwack said...

damn, i thought no one was checking anymore! ain't 2 years almost enough to lose people? =)

thanks for reading braddie

1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1/4 cup blanched almonds, 2 cups whole milk, 3/4 cup heavy cream, 3 egg yolks, 1/2 cup super fine sugar, 1 tsp. kirsch. Method: Pound the blanched almonds into paste. Add milk and heavy cream, mix thoroughly together. In a saucepan, heat the almond mixture until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat. In a bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar and kirsch for 5 min. Add almond milk and mix well with wooden spoon. Heat the mixture over low heat for 5 min. without letting it boil. Stir continuously. Strain through a sieve into ice cream maker and freeze until the ice cream is thoroughly firm.
-------------
Mihana


Guaranteed ROI

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home