Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Jump Roping
================

Jump roping has been my exercise for this year. I love it because it is so convenient and I can't make excuses to not do it. I can always say I don't want to walk to the gym when it's dark, cold, rainy, etc. But with jumproping, I don't have many excuses. And it's such a high impact exercise that I'm really making the most use out of my minutes doing it. I'm sure it has helped my body where I haven't noticed yet, like better balance, a stronger heart, better lung capacity... What I have noticed is that my legs are super strong and hard now, and I feel great after I finished a session. Plus I can get in my TV time while I jump! Hopefully this will have helped my endurance the next time I go jogging.

I feel like I've blogged about this before, but I'm too lazy to go check, so oh wells! Read about it again then! =) So my rule about each subsequent session of jumproping:

One of the two following measures must be broken every time:

1) Quantity
How many jumps at a time. Of course, I will trip and stop occasionally to drink some water, but my "breaks" are only a maximum of 15 seconds. The record currently is 5,500 jumps (at a rate of 50.46 jumps/min)

2) Rate
In case I don't have so much time to spend on it, I try to aim for a new high rate. Of course, this is not so scientific as the count increases, I get more tired and the rate will decrease. So I sort of count the rates at the range of counts. For instance, the highest rate at 1000 jumps is 100 jumps/min, but for the range of 4000 jumps, it's around 60 jumps/min.

So for today, I broke the rate record with 2,500 jumps in a little less than 25 minutes (>100 jumps/min) (previously at 86.21 jumps/min).

As a comparison for progress, my very first time on Jan 18, I only did 1021 jumps in 26 minutes (39.27 jumps/min)

Go jump!! =) (and let me know how many you can do!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

abe-- good job

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home