Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, June 10, 2005



I'm a coming back to UCLA!!!

UCLA Statistics is hosting a summer program (
http://summer.stat.ucla.edu) for undergrads to get them interested in applied statistics, and my advisor is the feature speaker on the 21th. Terry is going to give a lecture on bioinformatics and I get to be his TA! =) How cool is that? This is great, I love to brainwash those younguns into liking statistics against their will! It's incredible but I've gone so far, and now it's my turn to help influence young students and help shape their careers like so many great people have done for me when I was a few years younger. Fantastic! Perhaps some of these talented undergrads will be collaborators in the future!

And a minor sidenote: I get to stay at a hotel in Westwood!! After 5 years at UCLA and 1 year at Berkeley, I will finally experience hotel life there, hahah! =)

And another minor sidenote: this also means I will get to make sure that Terry meets Nicolas when we get to UCLA! Terrific! The two most important people in my academic life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home