Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, June 24, 2005

It's getting scary how much information is available on the internet these days.

All you need is a persistent and patient person (like me) and you find out so many things.

I know that people who know me are reading my blog. I guess my self-esteem figures that no one really cares that much about me to read my blog regularly or even remember what I write, thus I do write about my life as a grad student, knowing full well that people in my department or other departments could be reading it. I have tried to be not too revealing about anything, but hopefully, whatever I write won't come back to bite me in the future.

So here comes the point of why I even started writing this entry in the first place. I got bored tonite (I seriously couldn't force myself to finish watching The Phantom of the Opera!) and I got onto Friendster to see if friends have updated anything. And the stalker in me decides to search some names that I never thought of before but only now because of recent events. And anyways, I sorta hit jackpot on one person and found out something that I never knew or even sensed about that person. That just got way too weird for me. See how scary this is getting? I guess many people know that I'm good at searching for stuff online about people (even one guy, you know who you are, told me to just stop). I don't know, I can't, this is part of who I am, I'm inherently curious about other people's lives.

So now, I feel like I want to tell someone, anyone, about what I found. But I realize it's not even that big of a deal, it's just that the thought of what I read never ever occurred to me the many many times I've associated with this person. So not only that now, I feel a bit sad for whoever I know is single but not as young as I am. I always figured I'd be married with a family by that age. And for some reason, I always thought this person had a newborn baby. I don't think that's possible now.

Sometimes I think this obsession I have is a talent, other times, not so much. People get freaked out if other people know things about them that they don't realize, I know since I would get that way if anyone deliberately tried to find things about me. Mostly because of the previous reason I wrote, that my self-esteem won't allow for people to spend any time thinking about me at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home