Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Walking back from my office today at 5:30pm, I noticed a guy lying on the grass in the sun holding his baby above him playfully. Sigh... such a beautiful sight. It came into my mind that he had such a different priority than I had at that very moment and for the majority of moments. I wish I had such a priority; could I even handle it? Probably not, but someday, it would be such feelings that I have not experienced. Such love in life... quite a strange feeling to know that someday I could possibly be someone's mother. Am I living a life today that my children would be proud of? I'm sure they will be thinking how lame and nerdy their mom was in graduate school, or perhaps one day they will be walking the same path that I just walked today... Who will be their father? I have no idea; that is also something completely blank to me at this point. Or I just might end up being that crazy cat lady who lives alone and dies alone (with her cats)... though that won't happen, I am not a cat person. Well, someone better show up to my funeral at least...

2 Comments:

Blogger abe, GMI fund manager said...

props for good entry

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making a decision isn't easy. You can't have everything all the time.

Going to grad school is a big decision. You may have to delay your plans of starting a family of your own, but your kids won't miss out.

For starters, you have high respect for intellectual curiosity, and I don't think that's a flaw (when it comes to raising children).

Most likely, you'll choose a partner who has the same passion for learning & education as you do. And that's good.

Look ahead and see what your future has to offer, don't get blind-sided by other people's.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home