Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, September 23, 2005

A prof made me laugh today.

When I was in my office today, a visitor that I talk a lot with came by and we started talking about eyeglasses. I told her that I could use the restroom without my glasses. (Keep reading, it's not what you're thinking!) Anyhoo, so I was gonna prove it to her, so I went to the restroom without my glasses. When I came out, there was a guy sitting in front of the restroom. It seemed like he recognized me, so I stopped to see if I did know him. I really am quite blind but apparently not blind enough to not properly use the restroom...

Anyhoo, I stopped to talk to him because he was a fellow grad student and I was saying to him that I couldn't really recognize people without my glasses and as soon as I said that, a prof walked by and said in a loud voice "I'M JIM!" Haha, I knew who it was, but he never talked to me much before. I just found that very amusing and that actually was a nice highlight of my day. (I'm actually TAing for his wife this semester so maybe she talks about me to him? And my advisor now was his advisor... I didn't really know if he even knew who I was, because when the new students visited, he thought I was one of them even though I'd been there for a year!)

Yah, people in the dept are pretty cool (except for some exceptions which I don't understand but whatevers!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home