Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, October 17, 2005

Uh, what?

My ex-roomie Kristen and I went to eat lunch together today. (I just realized that I can still talk about Kristen since she hasn't found my blog and probably won't, but man, since a whole part of my Berkeley group is reading my blog, I can't talk shit about them anymore right? =) ) hehe...

ANYWAYS, back to my story:

We walked to one of the restaurants in the Bear's Lair to get some food. Kristen orders a sandwich and a cup of water. I order a pita and ask for a cup of water.

Me : Can I have a cup of water too?
Lady at register : No, we don't give out water because of regulations.
Me : [point to Kristen's cup of water] But you just gave her water.
Lady : Yeah, I don't know why [guy who works there] gave her water, it's against the rules.
Me : What rules?
Lady : Health department, the water is contaminated and we aren't allowed to give out water.
Me : Okay... [I stare at Kristen's cup of water, imagining what kind of bugs are in that]
......
Kristen : It's okay, you can share my cup of water.
Me : Um, no thanks, I'll be fine.

I'm still going, "What the heck??"

It's okay, I thoroughly enjoyed my $1 cup of horchata from the place next door.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm...dumb question, but is this the same water they use to wash their dishes and utensils? Are other businesses using the same contaminated water? Ewwww.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home