Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm that special

I feel like my credit card companies think I'm a dimwit and are just out to make fun of me or waste my time.

First of all, what's with them announcing with so much hoopla that I am now platinum status when they don't increase my limit? Woopeedoodles, now I get a silver card instead of the crummy original one, where's the trust?? Discover first did this to me a few years back. I was already complaining about the embarrassingly low limit when the rest of my friends had decent limits (still not as high as you'd think, but at least decent relative to mine) I got all excited when I received a pretty platinum card in the mail only to scowl at the seemingly immutable limit. WTF? What's the point? I dare say, I may hold the record for the lowest limit on a platinum account ever... Anyways, I called Discover to complain and guess what they did? ... Yep, I got an increase; no, I wasn't too happy about it. Why? Damn Discover thinks they can appease me with a $500 increase!

And just today, Capital One also thinks it's hilarious to bestow upon me their platinum card without increasing my limit. I can just hear them laughing themselves silly in their cubicles.

And yes, I DO USE my credit cards!! It's not like I'm saving them for some sort of emergency. I make pretty big purchases too. And I never carry a balance. So why don't they think I can handle a higher limit?

Another stupid incident a few weeks ago:
I get in the mail a huge padded envelope from Capital One. I suspect perhaps it's my platinum card in the mail even though I know I've always received new cards in plain envelopes. Anyways, I find that the flap is easily opened, as if it had been opened and restuck before. And inside all I find is a stupid advertisement from them about transferring balances. So now I get worried, what was supposed to be inside? Was it stolen?

Thinking it was probably my platinum card, I call Capital One immediately. I describe my problem : "Yeah, I think something was stolen from this padded envelope you sent me." The person on the line goes: "Nothing was stolen, that [lame ad] was what we sent you." I go, "But it was in a padded envelope that wasn't sealed properly!" She says nonchalantly, "Yes, we like putting them in those envelopes."

Uh, sure... they LIKE putting scrappy ads in huge padded envelopes?? Dude, they so got me. They got me so bad; they even got me calling them. What a waste of time and a bit of freaking out before realizing that my credit card companies are playing me for a fool. Excuse me for being concerned about my credit card security.

1 Comments:

Blogger franiwack said...

i think i'm on par with credit history with someone around my age, except for not ever having taken out car loans and stuff like that... and if i didn't, why do they upgrade me to platinum?

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home