Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

my unintentional thanksgiving entry


I'm in a quiet kind of happiness... or if you could call it happiness or perhaps peace. It's very still here on campus; everyone has gone and will be going away for the holiday soon. I always thought I could stand being lonely for long periods of time, but not so much anymore. Even to have someone just sitting next to me breathing would make this moment nicer... I tried talking to some squirrels as I idly strolled through my campus today, realizing that I seriously don't get out of Evans often enough to enjoy the streams and the trees and the sun and the fresh air. And it would have been better if someone was there too to share in whatever I was feeling at that moment. The sometimes sad thing about having someone around is that both people feel obligated to say something at every minute. Silences that may have been needed turn into a race to see who can come up with the next trivial thing to say or ask, thereby ruining an otherwise happy experience of just feeling your place in life among such beautiful elements.

As if I can't repeat it enough, one of the best things about being here in graduate school are the people. I'm constantly surrounded by the nicest, smartest, and coolest people you'll ever get to meet in life, and I always feel so lucky that I get to interact with them now and for many years to come. And that's what makes me grateful and happy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home