Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'm tired.

It's been a long week. And even though I may whine a bit now, I do quite enjoy having something to work hard for and having events defined each day. Once I get home, I'll get bored and then miss the hectic lifestyle I've been leading recently.

- finished a poster and paper for my probabilistic graphical models class
- finished proctoring and grading stat 2 final

Hmm, that doesn't seem like a lot, but it was... it definitely was. I'm so out of sleep now that I don't even think I can make it up during winter break. (because I don't tend to sleep enough if I don't have anything to do...)

And I even felt a bit of sadness today when my students handed me their finals. It was like the end of an era or something! Hahaha... anyways, teaching has been fun this semester albeit time-consuming and at times troublesome.

Last night was fun. I had had office hours from 3pm til whenever the students leave. So I had prepared. I had brought headache medication, plenty of water, energy bars, carton of rice milk, chicken burrito and chocolate-covered almonds. Yes, I was expecting to get into the long haul. I survived; a total of over 25 students came and the attrition rate increased after 6pm and then I was doing one-on-one with the last student for the last 45 minutes til 7pm. Not too bad... after that, I went to get Ben and Jerry's with Margaret, Shankar and AJ (Margaret's ex). And then it was Margaret and I for a showing of King Kong. Twas very entertaining. Man, life-sized bugs freaked the heck out of me! Movie could be a bit shorter (3 hours!!) But it was a good break last night until I got home to find a mass of student emails. Did they actually think I was gonna email them back immediately and then they could actually understand everything a few hours before their final? Oh wells, I did the optimistic thing and answered all their questions fully until 1:30am. Went to bed finally and woke up at 6am to proctor a 3 hour stat final. Life be good eh? =)

1 Comments:

Blogger ln said...

you're such a good GSI T_T
you're gonna be leading one of those sections where EVERYONE from the other sections attend next semester, huh?

My chem TA was like that this quarter =D People were sitting on the floor.. some were even 2 feet away from where he was standing 'cuz the classrooms were so full... talk about invasion of privacy ><

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home