Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, March 27, 2006

I'd like to write more eloquently, but I just don't get motivated enough to sit there and write draft after draft so I guess I'll just spit out whatever lame thing I have to say. Would you say trash is better than nothing? If not, then stop checking! =)

:: Monday
:: Rollerblading
:: 5:20-6:00pm

:: This is one of my favorite things. If I have to compare rollerblading to jogging, jogging would be considered like a chore. Seriously I have to work at running while I just have so much fun rollerblading that I could go on for a very long time. I wish I could go rollerblading in a more beautiful setting though. I should definitely look into rollerblading sometime along the bay in San Francisco. If no one in Berkeley knows how to or doesn't want to learn, then I'll just go myself. Now the problemo is getting rollerblades. I love the pair I have at home, but should I just look into getting another pair? I also need some protection: helmet, wrist guards, elbow pads, knee pads, heck, I don't have any protection currently!

I used to have all that; I just outgrew them and never got any adult-sized equipment. Yeah, apparently I'm an adult now, or at least physically. Talking to Margaret today reminded me of how I even got started rollerblading. I bought my first pair of rollerblades with the money I painstakingly earned as a little girl sewing velcro onto dolls' braids for t-shirts sold at Nordstroms. That pair wasn't even that great, but of course I had no idea until I got a really good pair of rollerblades unexpectedly a few years ago. I am realizing more and more how lucky I am that I have money to spend on things other than necessities. [I finally got Night for 5 bucks (thanks Oprah!) at Sams Club on Sunday; finished it in an hour and now trying to get Calvin to read it. I made a good point when talking to my parents today when I told them I had read The Rape of Nanking also. It's important to know about all kinds of evil that humans are capable of. It's also horrible how so many people refuse to believe that any of this could have ever happened...]

Alright, I got really sidetracked, but anyways, today was just wonderful. I think my legs have gotten strong from jumproping, running or skiing because rollerblading is much more comfortable now. I can go long distances on one leg only. Twas also sprinkling a bit. Doing things in light rain is always fun.

I guess one of the reasons I like rollerblading is that I have time to just think. Think about anything. If I try to think while I'm still, then I start to get bored and stop thinking very hard. And if I try to think about things when I'm doing other stuff, then I'm already preoccupied, aren't I? But when I'm rollerblading, oxygen is going to my brain, I'm happy and I just start to wonder about things.

It'd be nice to rollerblade with someone though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home