Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, March 23, 2006

A slight step up from ugly duckling

Whenever I look through my photo collection (since 2001, over 20 gigs) to post up pictures for a random foray into my past, I come across my "fat" pics (circa 2001-2002). I still can't bring myself to post any of those up yet. Somehow I feel I have further to go before I can say that I'm safe from ever sliding back to such state as when:

* I was at least 30 pounds overweight.
* I had the dorkiest thick glasses.
* I had no sensible clothing sense beyond baggy and comfy.
* I still had acne all over my face. (Started beginning of high school and only semi-cleared up before I started graduate school.)
* Everyday was a bad hair day for me. (I didn't even realize I had naturally curly hair until my last years at UCLA when I stopped blowdrying at night.)
* and probably a lot more dorky stuff that I still have yet to notice about myself.

But dangit, I was the darndest dorkiest happiest girl you'd ever be lucky enough to meet.

And I still am...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, everyone was dorky at one point in their life. better to be a happy dork than a sad depressed one. anyway, dorkiness is a quality to be enjoyed. i never try to veer away from my own natural idiosyncrasies, to others' delight/horror, take your pick. glad you're happy! how's school going?

12:50 PM  
Blogger franiwack said...

hey wingyun!

always glad to hear from you! =) did you ever know that i've been telling so many people over the years that i want to be just like you? (really! i have witnesses) you are the coolest, prettiest gal that i know, hope life is good in st. louis!!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home