Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, July 31, 2006

the handicapped life

I don't recall my previous ankle sprains to ever have lasted as long as this break. My enthusiasm for crutches wasn't too high to begin with, and now it's just lapsed into a begrudging gratefulness for being my main source of mobility.

Sure, my arms are getting stronger, but I'm more worried about the strain I'm placing on my wrists, which were already bruised to begin with when I fell off Bonecrusher the first time.

I'm doing pretty well on crutches but it still can't beat normal walking. Some people are so kind to me but I couldn't bear to slow them down, so I guess I'll have to look forward to seeing Seattle some other day.

At Target yesterday, I finally got to try those motorized carts they have. Very fun, but alas, was not fast enough for me to mow down any unsuspecting pedestrians. Then at IKEA, my dad got the privilege of pushing me around in a wheelchair. Wee! But then this morning at Sam's Club, the motorized cart broke down and the only way I could move was in reverse, so you should have seen me backing up and beeping all over the store. =)

I never really realized the importance of such things like those and handicapped bathroom stalls and automatic doors until I needed them. And it's only temporary for me whereas some people have to rely on them for the rest of their lives.

Anyhoo, still a month to go before I can even start physical therapy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home