Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, April 16, 2004

I should be excited about graduate school, now I'm wondering whether I made the right choice.
Everyone told me to go to Berkeley and I figured they knew something I didn't. Maybe I shouldn't think that choosing graduate school is parallel to choosing undergraduate school. I chose undergraduate based on feeling, not on program. But in graduate school, you're already supposed to know what you want to do. I'm a person who likes to keep her options open. Why else would I have problems choosing a major and then finally settle on the only major at UCLA that lets me take everything? But that major became too general and made getting to graduate school harder, so I added another major to keep options open. Now it's the same way, I chose statistics over bioinformatics, because even if, for some weird reason, I lost interest in biology, statistics will let me work in other fields.

Now I'm just really hoping that I will be able to come back to UCLA in the future, after I get my PhD or not. It's been my world for 5 years, so it's time to see new things now. At least Berkeley has a GAP store on Telegraph, I've been missing the Westwood Gap since they closed. =)

Listening to: Outkast - Roses ..... "Carooooline!...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home