Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Scrubs Episode 104 My Old Lady
~ this scene makes you really think about what you are doing with your life...

Mrs. Tanner's Room
J.D. sits on the floor, leaning against the wall opposite the woman's bed. He still has his notepad, which has a good portion of turned pages.

J.D.: "Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower."

Mrs. Tanner: Done.

J.D.: Fine. "Go to the top of the Meiffel Tower."

He looks up at her.

Mrs. Tanner: Oh, now you're making stuff up.

J.D.: No, I'm not; it's right here, you can look at it!

He turns the notepad in her direction.

Mrs. Tanner: Listen, Dr. Dorian, there's not one thing I regret as I lay here right now. I'm ready. I really am.

J.D.: [flipping through the pad] You have had an amazing life.

Mrs. Tanner: Good, then we agree. Now, aren't there other patients you need to be seeing?

J.D.: Me? No, no, I've--I've been off for two hours.

Mrs. Tanner: So, with your precious free time, you've been sitting in a hospital room talking to an old lady. What about your list? How many of those things have you done? For that matter, how many times have you sat in the grass and done nothing, hm?

J.D. looks at her, unable to answer.

Mrs. Tanner: You need to start taking some time for yourself, young man. Promise me you'll do that.

J.D.: I will.

Mrs. Tanner: Good. Now, get outta here. Go on.

J.D.: Yeah, well, let me--I just want to check out a few things before I...get going.

He stands up and goes over to her monitor, intently watching it as he presses some buttons.

J.D.: [reading the monitor] Uh-huh.... Uhh-huh....

Mrs. Tanner: Are you okay?

He turns to her.

J.D.: I'm scared.

She gestures to him.

Mrs. Tanner: Come here.... Come here.... Come here.

He comes over and sits on the edge of her bed. She wraps her arms around him, and he rests his head on her shoulder as she comforts him:

Mrs. Tanner: You're okay.... You'll be just fine.... Not to worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home