Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I WANT FINALS TO BE OVER!!!
IS IT OKAY TO BE THIS DUMB IN GRAD SKOOL?

okay, this is sad when you haven't answered a single question on a take-home final...
i really gotta take only two classes next semester, three classes this semester really is killing me, the more i have to do, the more breaks i take because of the stress and the more breaks i take, the less time i have to do all those things and then the more stress i have and then the more... you get the picture.

i'll be flying home again next tuesday, i wish it was then already and all my finals would have been over with even if i fail them

one professor once told me that classes didn't matter anymore and that he got a really crappy gpa in grad school, well, that don't pertain to me since i ain't no genius and he was... i don't have anything that'll compensate for crappy grades

so here we are again: benchwarmer on the A team or star player on the B team? i guess if no one else cared that i was a benchwarmer for the A team, then i actually would enjoy the game much better, maybe people really don't expect me to be that good on the A team anyhow... so less pressure there, as long as i am on the A team...


Where I am at the moment, if you look the side of the building that is facing you, count three windows up and 5 windows from the left, see the window with a tiny white sliver indicating the shades? that's my office and if you look very closely, you might see me through the window... NOT! anyways, that's where i'm typing this and wasting time at the moment... anyone wanna switch places with me?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um.....GOOD LUCK W/ FINALS! I got your message. Yeah, you ought to be burning more calories studying than sending me txt msgs!!!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, don't be so hard on yourself! You wouldn't have made it this far if you didn't have anything to "compensate". And your prof is right-- grades don't matter in grad school, because by the time you're finished, you'll have a PhD... in statistics... from Berkeley! Now THAT's an impressive accomplishment, and with those credentials, is anyone really gonna ask for your transcripts?

At any rate, good luck with finals. You're right on with the 2 classes vs. 3 classes next time around-- and now that the first semester's over, things should be looking up from now on :-)

from frozen Berlin, Germany
Helly

p.s. heck yeah, I'd trade places with ya... I'd love to go to Berkeley (but not stats, though :-P)

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home