Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, November 25, 2004

I'm home! To me, it's been so long, I hadn't been back home since August 21 or something, quite a many things have happened to me since then.

Anyways, my flight from Oakland to Burbank on Tuesday was supposed to be at 5:5opm and since everyone said to be there early, I decided to ditch my last class of the day at 2pm (only to find out afterwards that the class was cancelled anyways, great planning Frances!) I walked home quickly, got my stuff and hopped on bus to get to Bart station, then took Bart to Coliseum station and then onto the Air Bart bus to the Oakland airport. Overall, it didn't take that long. Southwest did do its job and confiscated my little pocket knife. I had completely forgotten about that when I brought my purse with me! Oh sad, I liked those tweezers on that knife. At least it's a good thing that it didn't get pass the inspectors. I wouldn't have wanted someone else to get by with a knife. =)
So I got passed security and everything by 3:50pm, and I was like, I reeeeeally don't want to wait for a 5:50 pm flight. And luckily, I noticed a 4:35pm flight and was lucky to get in on it as standby at 4:30pm.

Home!! Got to Burbank by 6pm and my dad picked me up. Home!!! Yeah, can you tell I was very excited?

Yesterday was nice. Tammy bo bammy took me to UCLA in her brand new ride. After I set foot on campus at 9:45 something, first thing I did was stalk my favorite person at UCLA. Yep, and twas very nice that he was very happy to see me! Happy happy happy!

I got my diploma at 10:30am, Lien got hers too! Yaaay! I can't believe I actually finished and earned that sucker! All those years of planning classes and taking classes. Would never never never have guessed that I'd finish UCLA with such weird majors.

Going to class again was nice. Now I wonder how I could've have fallen asleep in 50 minute classes when I fall asleep in 1.5 hour classes. 50 minutes seem so short now.

And of course, going to Stats 10 made me feel bad as a graduate student in statistics! I actually learned something new! or maybe my memory just sucked but I didn't know what the distribution of a total was. Stats 100a was so much better, that stuff was all review. I never took either of the classes but technically should know the stuff, .... right??

Being at UCLA again was very nice. I did realize that I'm better off as a grad student at Berkeley. It felt very different when I wandered around the UCLA campus again. UCLA is STILL much prettier and nicer than Berkeley is, but I guess... it wouldn't have been the place for me now.

So everything about Berkeley is cool, I'm in the right place but only one thing still makes me wonder WHAT IF. What happened if I really did pull a Felicity? Would that risk have paid off in the end? Or did not believing in it fared better for my career than for my ultimate happiness? Anyways, no point, since I've moved away... and won't be back for at least five years. Who'd wait that long? Or maybe it'd just be plain stupid, stuff that I used to laugh at when I was in high school. Yeah, just plain stupid, but naive hopes keep me entertained/amused for the time being? That's just sad, I must grow up...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wb

abe

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BYEE, Frances! I forgot to tell you that before you signed off AIM today. I was already used to the idea of you being back in LA forever already. Well, have a safe trip back up north and see you winter break with shiny new earrings!

f

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home