Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Frances, Statistics Dept Official Photographer

So, as the dept manager put it, I've "foolishly" taken on the job of becoming the photographer for the department. I never explicity asked for the job, though my actions suggest otherwise. Here are some pros and cons:

Pro/Con:
- I'm getting paid now. / Is the money worth my time and the obligation of always being the one to take pics and organize them?

- I have control of all pics. / The photos page will definitely become biased, aka party pics where *cough* some people weren't invited.

- I have the right to upush! / I just feel so powerful having the use of this command, so the darn con here would be having the ability to edit stuff immediately if people complain about their pic (although this might turn into a pro as I become spiteful and delete or maliciously "improve" their pics immediately)

- I love getting positive feedback from people especially profs who know my name now. / I hate getting annoying emails that don't constructively criticize my pics but only say they are bad. ( You know who you are... you meanies!)

- I feel proud that I'm helping the dept document people and events. As John Panaretos said today before Erich Lehmann's history talk, I am also doing my part for the history of the department. / No cons here. =) Unless you count embarrassing pics that will be up online for years!

- I just like taking pics and meeting new people. I like that I know the names of most people in the dept. / No cons here either. It's just a big hassle to find out names for captions though...

- Taking pics is fun. / Organizing, captioning, and uploading pics are not as fun. I just hope people enjoy my captions. People get offended so easily! It's A JOKE! Blah! =)

Anyhoo, more victims on Thursday!! It's the fall party again! After that, I will unveil the new photos page for the dept... if I have time and if my hands stop hurting... sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home