Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The women's restroom has been a great place for me to meet good friends or to bring friendship to another level (get your mind out of the gutter, guys...).

Cynthie
8th grade

I knew Cynthie existed in 7th grade, but it wasn't until one day in 8th grade that she started discussing something before we went to the girl's restroom together that I realized that she trusted me to be a closer friend. (keep getting your mind out of the gutter, folks...) High skool was great with Cynthie around, but then I still have yet to really be with her much as we were apart during undergrad (UCSD) and then now apart during grad (City of Hope). Darnit, still haven't talked to her; apparently we highly skilled at playing phone tag... now she's in Vegas without me...

Tammy
11th grade

I knew Tammy existed in high school, but it wasn't until I happened to have AP US History 2nd period and Tammy had AP US History 3rd period that we kept meeting in the restroom during the break between 2nd and 3rd that we became good friends. Such good buddies that she could stand being my roomie for 4 straight years at UCLA and deal with my kind of crazy. Now Tam Tams has gone off to med skool without me...

Florence
UCLA freshmen year

Floey lived on the same floor first year in Hedrick Hall. Go 4 North! I had not noticed her at all until we kept seeing each other in the bathroom on our floor. (Oh the days of sharing 5 toilets with 50 girls...) Then one night we had a long and deep chat on the couch in front of the elevators on our floor and I knew then that, pardon the cheesiness, we were something like kindred spirits. The next year we were neighbors on Hedrick 6 North (the north side had better showers...) and then roomies at the Love Boat on Veteran and then roomies at Tiverton Court. Now all I need is for Floey to get into pharmacy school in NorCal and we can go shopping in San Francisco every weekend! (Great thought indeed, too bad we won't have any time or money)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you in Vegas, Frances! I wanted to say I liked your blog entry and have a Merry Christmas! =)

10:28 PM  
Blogger franiwack said...

hahaha, are we getting that desperate?

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home