Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, February 17, 2006

Hi to you from the CS dept at Princeton:

I hope that reading my blog didn't scare you. I had no idea you would find the entry about you! I think I would be somewhat freaked out if I was randomly googling a wholy different thing to find someone mentioning you publicly. Anyways, keep on enjoying our pics! I'm actually proud that you keep coming back. I know I haven't gone camera-crazy in awhile, but hopefully soon! Since I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the students last year, I've actually gone and volunteered to be on the recruiting committee this year to welcome the newly admitted students to our dept. That's a great opportunity to scare away the camera-shy ones if ever! Despite our dept being women-scarce, our recruiting committee this year is composed entirely of female grad students: one first year, one second year (moi) and one third year. Win-win situation no? We females will try our best to persuade a lone girl to come this fall and then lure the rest of the guys with our feminine wiles. Hohoho... probably not, as I'm sure you know how that goes, since your department undoubtedly even has a worse male-to-female ratio. So keep a lookout for those pics (March 8-9)!

Thanks for caring!
Frances (as you must have deduced by now...)

p.s. I am entertaining a slight notion that I may have gotten the wrong person, but perhaps you do use both Windows and Linux. If not, then pass this message to your fellow grad student, classmate, professor, student, administrative assistant who happens to have a penchant for lame photos of a stat department in California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home