Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, June 16, 2003

My First Day of Internship

I got there reaaally early, like at 8am when it's supposed to start at 9am, we thought the traffic would be bad, twasn't if you go on the car pool lane, zippity doo dah!
We met in the Engineering and Technology building in a computer lab. I met some people, blah blah blah... met the four principal professors of the program. Discussed the goals of the program, which research site to choose, getting professional advisement. Wendie Johnston, the professional advisor, kept talking about preparing for presentations by talking to yourself in front of a movie like 15-20 times. oooh boy....
Then we took a leeettle tour of Cal State L.A., all of us disappointed to hear that the really cool new Food Court wouldn't be open until another three weeks, which is when we won't be at CalState LA that often. I then ate lunch by myself, sort of ditched the other interns, or maybe they all ditched me.... Anyways, then there was a choice on whether to do the bio workshop or the computer workshop. I chose the computer one, I can always refresh bio with a book anyday.
However the computer one was a bore, the professor started to teach us about the very very very basics of C++, like variables, arrays, for loops, while loops,...yaaaawwn.. I seriously almost fell asleep or did I???? Afraid to find out if I did or not.
Then we had to write our own program in C++, finished that in 15 min. or less, easy breezy. Some people still took a while though. I guess I'm not the least qualified person there. It's all good. Hopefully, I'll be able to tackle anything they give me.

My laptop is coming soon, and only today did I find out that I don't need a laptop there. Oh wells!! =) I'm still keeping my laptop, still got to name the sucker. How about Solange?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home