Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Who needs a car?

Since I've landed in Berkeley, I've been figuring out public transportation here. It's not that bad actually. My ID card has a class pass sticker that allows me to take the AC Transit for free, and the lines go pretty far, even to SF. I've only taken the bus to go to Safeway but I'm thinking of taking the bus to Albertsons and Berkeley Bowl soon. Good thing there are normal supermarkets here. The second day I was here, I ran into Andronicos, and cherries were 7 dollars a pound there!! I freaked out and thought "Dang, they don't pay me enough to eat here!!" So anyways, I'm glad I don't have to ever go into that store again, although I miss having Ralphs right across the street back in Westwood. They do have farmers market twice a week here; I still have to figure out where.

Today I took BART to Target. It went very smoothly and I didn't even have to wait. It was like it was waiting for me to come aboard. I ran through the doors at the last second both times! But I don't think I'm going to go that regularly; it costs $2.50 total and I even forget to buy some stuff. Hehehe...Frances is so absentminded. Anyways, I went on a school supplies shopping spree: plenty of nice new notebooks for me to fill, scotch tape, composition books, pencil lead, pens and ..... a salt shaker. Silly me, it was such a long walk from the Target parking lot to the El Cerrito del Norte BART station and another long walk from the Downtown Berkeley BART station to my apartment lugging all my new stuff! So I took a break in Barnes and Noble and read some books. No need to go to weight training class now... that stuff was so heavy! I like walking the streets though. I did it a lot in Westwood, a lot of time for reflection and just enjoying time by myself.

Yeah, I do everything by myself now. It's okay, I'm used to it. No friends here or at least no friends that I want to bother, so I explore things on my own. =) And for all you people who keep asking, no, I'm not here to get a boyfriend, I'm here to get my PhD. hehe...funny people!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boyfriend and PhD are not mutually exclusive events.

8:58 AM  
Blogger franiwack said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:30 AM  
Blogger franiwack said...

Yeah, I know... see, I think I know how to get a PhD or at least I know what I'm expected to do... the other thing... well, hahahahahah... we'll see! =)

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home