Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Treadmill
----------
Calories : 401
Miles : 3.29
Time : 35.00

* First time I ran 3 miles straight at 6mph

3 miles at 6mph = 30 minutes
0.29 miles = 5 minutes of cool-down

So I'm still only able to do around 10 minute miles comfortably. How the heck do people train for marathons?? Even for like a 5 hour marathon, that's still over 5 miles an hour continuously to finish. I gotta ask my friend Mary about this; but I'm pretty sure it's just train, train, train! I don't push myself often enough to extend my stamina. But I don't think I'll ever run a marathon, too punishing on the body, perhaps a 5k or half-marathon. =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a treadmill in your apt?

12:30 PM  
Blogger franiwack said...

Nopie, there's a small exercise room across the street from my apt building, underground in the middle of the dorms complex. They gots 2 treadmills, 2 bikes and 4 ellipticals, so I go there instead of walking hella far to the actual university gym and pay moola to go. =)

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home