Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I like teaching, I really do! Some of my students are so cute! They say "Hi Frances!" when I bump into them outside of section. The only thing is that since most of them are straight out of high school, they are awfully anal about their grades!! I guess I was just like them when I was a freshman, but wow, look at what a few years in college will do to ya. My students get so upset when they get an 8/10 on a quiz! As a grad student, I'm just happy to pass a class!

Anyhoo, teaching is taking a LOT of my time though. 4 hours of teaching, 4 hours of office hours, 3 hours of lecture, hours and hours preparing, answering emails, writing quizzes, grading quizzes, inputting grades etc.

I think I'm not doing myself a favor when I answer their emails at midnite within 4 minutes! So later if I take half an hour to answer their email, they'll be angry!!! Hehe....

And of course, there will always be students who don't like me and probably never will. Oh wells! Not everyone can appreciate my dorkiness. =) I just sincerely hope I'm doing a decent job. And I'm learning so much stats!! I guess I'm making up for the fact that I never took this class in my life, not in high school, UCLA or Berkeley.

1 Comments:

Blogger ln said...

FRANCES FRANCES ;)
Okay, rhetorical question.. ehh whatever ><

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home