Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Treadmill
========
Calories : 362
Miles : 2.99
Time : 30.00

So this time was an experiment to see if I could guess-timate the constant speed I'd have to go to get exactly 3.00 miles in exactly 30.00 minutes, given that the last five minutes is a cool-down period where it starts at 4.5 mph for the first minute and decreases in 0.5 increments each minute all the way down to 2.5 mph for the last minute. This cool-down period results in only a distance of 0.29 in 5 minutes, which means I need to run 2.71 miles in 25 minutes. I thought 6.5 mph would do the trick, however I was wrong and now I'm off by 0.01, though I'm pretty sure that if I had gone for a few more seconds, it'd have turned to 3.00 since I saw it was 2.71 right after cool-down started.

Anyways, these mentally lame calculations are the only way to keep me motivated in actually going faster and/or longer.

So... at least I know that a constant 6.6 mph will result in at least 3.00 miles in 30.00 minutes; however now the problem is if and how much it will overshoot the 3.00 and if so, in what increments do I need to slow down to be able to get 3.00 ultimately?

1 Comments:

Blogger ln said...

too many numbers T_T i found this post hard to understand =P

so yay for your clear brain, boo for my empty one :)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home