Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, June 18, 2004

Today I went to visit the place that I'll be working at for the next 9 weeks. It is a company in Pasadena (very near Caltech) called Paracel. www.paracel.com They do parallel computing and manufacture hardware and software for many different fields such as defense, media, geosciences and bioinformatics.

I just came back from the visit feeling very dumb. They surprised me with two technical interviews, making me write C and Perl code on a white board. Of course I can do what they ask if I wasn't under pressure. But I can't think like that so quickly so I ended up looking like I don't know any programming when I could have done it on my own in a few minutes. Oh well, live and learn. But other than that, it's in a beautiful building that I think I will very much like working in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home