Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, September 29, 2005

So frustrating!

So Calvin sent me two dvds (no cases) in an envelope. He only put 37 cents on it so by the time it got to Berkeley, I got a notice from the post office saying I need to pay 23 cents. I barely have enough time this week to walk to post office. So STRESSED OUT with teaching, homework and a talk this week. Anyways, fine, I had some time today, so I walked to the post office. NOT a short stroll, mind you. It's really far. But I get there, wait in a line where this woman at the window is taking forever!! Like seriously forever... anyways, finally it's my turn and I give that post office employee a quarter, the slip and my ID.

She says, "I can't take that quarter, I need exactly 23 cents."

I go, "It's okay, I don't need the change."

She says, "No, I can't take the quarter. You'll have to get change at the other window [pointing to the group of windows where there's a huuuge crowd of people]"

I was like, "What?"

She says, "You need exactly 23 cents. I'm not a clerk. I can't take that quarter."

I go, "Fine!!"

I go wait in the even looooonger regular lines. I hand that woman a quarter and say, "I need change." Luckily this employee was smart enough to not send me back to the original window I was at. She got my letter and gave me back my precious two cents. Geez! What a hassle!

Darnit Calvie! Put another darn stamp on letters!! The stupid USPS already ruined a nice box of persimmons last year b/c I was too busy to walk to the post office.

1 Comments:

Blogger ln said...

awww, the world loves to test your patience

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home