Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Stolen from Floey's friend Siv:

- Hot Sauce -

I was speaking with my cousin the other day about relationships, and I told him a little theory of mine. I said that with guys, they tend to like girls faster. What I mean is that if a guy walks down the street and sees a hot, cute, sexy, beautiful, or pretty girl he will be smitten. Attractions occur, and somewhere in his mind he will be thinking and wishing for things. All guys are like that, and if one says he is not, then he is only thinking about it more. If the guy ends up talking with the girl, where they may or may not hit it off, he becomes excited (no pun intended) about possibilities. The girl, on the other hand, (and I bet you my car) will only see him as a friend. I don’t know what it is with girls, but they sure love to have a lot of friends. In their perfect world, they would have a guy for every task possible. All girls would have a team of guys to help them get through the day. But all is not lost for guys either because girls tend to have one guy on her mind at all times. This guy is usually the old boyfriend or the current love interest, and somehow all other guys in the vicinity are blocked off. For guys, if he is not married or single, all girls are fair game; hence, why we are all dogs; although, some have better control than others, but that is another story.



A guy can still woo a girl if he has what I now call a “Siracha Moment”. This moment is basically when you do or say something that propels you into her accepting block. Everything that had happened prior to this moment no longer counts; unless you two already had a relationship then it doesn’t really matter. A similar scene is that from Jerry Maguire where Tom Cruise rushes into the house and gives a heart warming plea to his wife and before the end she interjects by saying “you had me at hello”. My friend had a similar story, which I am going to share. She was eating brunch with her friends and was hoping for this Siracha hot sauce, but the restaurant did not have it because, well, I don’t really know why other than they are retarded for not having it. So her friend stands up and says he is going out to buy some smokes. He returned, shortly later, and told her that he was about to walk into the other restaurant to ask for some Siracha hot sauce, but felt it was weird, and so he retreated. My friend was taken aback by his temerity to get her the sauce, and it left her impressed. When they later became a couple she told him that he had her at “Siracha”. I, personally, thought that was a cute story. However, I do admit I would not have thought of something like that. I said if there was a store nearby I would have gone in and bought it for you, but of course that is all in hindsight after what she told me.



When a girl likes and loves a guy, it is serious. I understand her being cautious because there are a lot of guys out there who will try to take advantage, and girls are more vulnerable by nature. They receive the short end of the stick more times than not. Guys are lucky because we cannot get pregnant, and some use that as leverage. I just find it funny that a guy could shower many lavish gifts or write pages of love letters to her, but it is not enough because in the end she only wants something simple like a, I like you, I love you, or in this case a bottle of siracha. I guess the girls were paying attention to detail because the guys were too focused to not realize her simple message.



I have tasted the bitterness of not realizing the simple messages many times. It still irks me to this day that I had it in my hands, but I let it slip away. I know I cannot go out there and work on a “Siracha Moment” because that is not going to happen. Best to let these things come naturally and impulsively. For me, one of my Siracha moments came when the girl said something witty that just left me speechless. I mean, she actually stumped and left me in chagrin, but of course, I would refrain from telling her because it would have ruined the moment. I only wonder now if I have impressed a girl to a point where she would say she had a Siracha Moment with me. I need to have a Siracha Moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home