Franiwack

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, January 24, 2005

What a difference an hour makes...

I was feeling quite blah today about being here in Berkeley and not doing much besides classes. Then I get an email about seminar today at 4pm. So I go. I show up very early and my advisor shows up too. This is nice that I get to talk to him a bit before it starts since he's always so busy and I don't have reasons to meet up and talk usually.
I'm getting to the point in going to seminars where even if I don't understand everything, I don't believe everything they say either. I can feel some things are wrong, especially with regards to the statistics they spout. So that's what happened for this seminar, I didn't think they had much significant evidence of anything that was said... and their methods could obviously be improved.
Anyways, my advisor is very nice, I bumped into him on the way back and he walked me on the route between Evans and my home. Hopefully, in time, I won't prove to be stupid or lazy when it's time to do research. I think I'd be a lot more excited about research and working with bio data than taking classes. But I know and I like taking classes now since I need all the background I can get. Stats is HARD! (especially if you have no clue on measure theory...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home